From inception in 1939, Old West Bridgfordians were always in trouble over grounds. For about 10 years the school grounds on Loughborough Road were used, but alternative accommodation had to be found when it was felt that the old boys were cutting up the school pitches too much.
"Then comes the problem", recalls club chairman Cyril Beastall, "We finally acquired a farmers field, complete with cows, at Tollerton and moved out there"
Everything was done by the players, mowing, marking the pitch and even cleaning up traces of the cows before a home match. The old boys persisted and even managed to find their own headquarter. This was a neighbouring barn, and after more volunteer work, it was equipped with showers (gas heated) and other facilities.
Then just when things seemed to have settled down, came yet another blow; the farm changed hands and the club lost the barn.
The next spell in the club's history makes pretty grim reading, the players having to change in the school and travel 2 miles to the ground. But there was one bright spot on the dark horizon.
After the war a memorial fund was opened, the plan being to buy a ground. This went well, and in due course the ground, at the bottom end of Stamford Road was bought. So in the 1957 / 58 season the rugby club moved a little nearer home.
In 1971 the club was renamed West Bridgford RFC.
West Bridgford Rugby Football Club is the trading name of West Bridgford Rugby Football Club Limited, Registered in England & Wales No. 4829107. A copy of the Memorandum and Articles of Association maybe inspected by prior appointment at 1 Sheppards Orchard, Wymeswold, Leics. LE12 6TW which is the registered office.